Sunday, January 20, 2008

Philosophers' Carnival: Call for Submissions

I'm pleased to announce that this blog will be hosting the 62nd Philosophers' Carnival. Submissions can be made by clicking on this link.

The mission of this edition of the carnival, should you choose to accept it, is to prove that philosophy is in a better state than it was in 1997. As much as I agree with them, I don't like to hear old philosophers bemoan "the lack of fresh new ideas" in philosophy, "wonder where the people of large insight and imagination are in the younger generation", or say things like "philosophy is not as exciting these days as it used to be".

It's time we take advantage of the fact that we are posting to blogs, rather than submitting articles to journals. We can afford to be creative and original and no one will look at us funny for being so. Well, only a little bit funny.

So get out there in that big blog world and write something provocative or find me something provocative someone else has written. Send me your submissions!

2 comments:

  1. "we are posting to blogs, rather than submitting articles to journals"

    meh, at my level I'm not in a position to submit to journals; but I will send work to journals rather than blogs in about two years, if I get into a graduate program. Still, that doesn't keep drafts and notes out of cyberspace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:53 PM

    I guess I didn't accept the "mission", because I refused the question itself. d:

    Anyway, I hope my text can appear in the next carnival, despite of this "small detail" (cough).

    ReplyDelete